Senator Akshar Recognizes Students at 5 Chenango Co. Schools
This is the 4th year that . The students are chosen by their school districts for their accomplishments when it comes to great leadership, showing compassion, school spirit or improvement among their peers.
This month students were recognized on-line via Zoom from the following school districts: DCMO BOCES, Valley Heights Christian Academy, Norwich High School, Oxford Academy High School and Greene High School. All students recognized as an “Akshar All-Star” are presented by Senator Akshar with a t-shirt and a framed certificate. Below is a list of the "Akshar All-Star" students this month:
- From DCMO BOCES: junior Wionna Myers and senior Logan Cazzolla who are both enrolled in the Certified Nurse Assisting program, were recognized for "coming to the aid of a fellow student during a serious medical emergency on their school bus."
- From Valley Heights Christian Academy: 8th grader Evan Moore "has made outstanding improvements in his effort, attitude and quality of his school work over the past year. In addition, Evan is a kind and caring peer who strives to get along with others and is always willing to help, actively participating in his church’s youth group and helping people of the community through food distribution and building projects."
- From Norwich High School: junior Addyson Whaley was recognized for "her positive attitude, her willingness to help others both in and out of the classroom and her dedication in service to the Norwich community."
- From Oxford Academy High School: Natalie Barrows was recognized "for being a conscientious student, a positive go-getter, a natural leader full of school spirit and an academic achiever who likes public speaking."
- From Greene High School: senior Kathleen Becker was recognized "for being a role model both in school and in the Greene community. Her school district described her as not only patient, kind and altruistic, but also a natural leader and well respected by her peers."
Senator Fred Akshar said, "During these difficult times, I’m truly inspired by the amazing work and service that’s still being done by young people in our community. It’s important that we continue to shine a bright light on these outstanding individuals and let their stories be told. In a time when the nation seems so divided, I’m happy to continue supporting such a great recognition program that shows the best in our young people.”