Fire In Town of Laurens Leaves 3 Homeless
Officials say no one was hurt in the fire at Valley Stream Mobile Home Park in the Town of Laurens Wednesday morning, but the blaze destroyed the back portion of the home on Lot 17 and smoke damage was heavy in the other areas. Kate Crandall and her son and daughter are staying with relatives. Officials say the cause was a malfunctioning outlet in a bedroom. The fire was knocked down in about 15 to 20 minutes as Laurens crews were supported by mutual aid from West Laurens, Mount Vision and West Oneonta fire departments.