Doctor Removes 42 Refrigerator Magnets from Baby’s Stomach
Here’s a scary reminder about the importance of keeping an eye on little kids because you have no idea what they’ll put in their mouths.
A 12-month-old boy in Russia recently swallowed 42 refrigerator magnets.
The boy’s mother rushed her son to the hospital when she noticed all the magnets from their fridge had disappeared after he had been in the kitchen alone. It’s not clear how long the boy was unsupervised.
An ultrasound quickly showed the toddler had indeed scarfed down the magnets, which were in his stomach. A surgeon who was called in and removed them all, said, “Over the years, I had to take a variety of foreign bodies including magnets from young patients. Once I removed about 20 of them, but this incident of our little patient has broken all records.”
It’s unclear how the boy is doing.